Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I like lists!

I really miss writing for fun.  I guess I should say I miss writing when I decide to write, instead of when I am told to write.  I started grad school in January and it has been a whirlwind of papers, presentations and projects ever since.  In an effort to finish as quickly as possible, I enrolled in 3 summer courses, which started a wonderful 3 days after my spring semester ended.

And, while I'm sure no one really reads this or checks up on it, I thought it might be nice to write some random stuff and have a bit 'o' fun with a little writing of my own.

So, what should I write about? This is forever the question when I sit down to blog, which I'm realizing is probably a really dated activity in 2012, but I still really enjoy it.  This time, instead of focusing on one subject, I'm just going to make a list of the things that have interested me or caught my attention lately.  I love lists! Here goes:

1.  Newsies! - The 20th anniversary edition of Newsies comes out on Blu-Ray in June! I have one pre-ordered!

2.  Gardening - Benfield Farms is in its 2nd year of existence.  I have two areas about 30 feet by 8 feet.  This year, I will have cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes, lettuce, potatoes, corn, onions, watermelon, cantaloupe, cayenne peppers, bell peppers, squash, cucumbers and beans!  I really love farming, thinking about switching careers! :)

3.  Wicked - Tracy and I went to see Wicked at the DPAC this past Friday.  It was phenomenal!  My only complaint was the obnoxiously giggly little girls behind me that were smackin' on some popcorn and trying to sing along to the songs.  It really was incredible, though!

4.  Nascar - Going to see the All-Star Race this weekend! Talk about cultural diversity - a musical one weekend and a Nascar race the next!

5.  Colossians 2:8 - "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the basic principles of this world rather than on Christ."  This verse has rocked my world in my devotions this week.

6.  NYC - Tracy and I went to New York over my spring break and stayed in the Appalachian Loft in Manhattan, right off of Park Avenue.  I really enjoyed the city life and I think Tracy enjoyed it more than me!  I could see us living there on a short term basis, but I did miss the grass and being able to pee off my back deck!

7.  TVR - I'm stupid pumped about getting to go to TVR this summer!  There is almost no where in the world that I feel more at home, and I get to be around two of our best friends in the world (Ricky and April)!

That's it for me.  Maybe next time I will be more eloquent and thought provoking.

No comments: