Friday, April 1, 2011

Bringin' up old stuff - Ecclesiastes 3 & 4 - 2009

Re: Ecclesiastes 3 & 4

This book continues to confuse me and astound me all at the same time. One of the things that I am quickly realizing is that a life dedicated to Scripture will still be light years away from being able to fathom all that God is.

Yet, I am excited because of the way God uses His Word to encourage me. I am also seeing that my daily time in the Word is stockpiling ammunition against the sin that reigns in my mortal body. When I have not been in the Word, I find myself falling deeply into sin and not being able to pull myself out of it. And, it spills over into the rest of my life, I'm a better husband, I eat healthier, I work out more often, I lose weight. The Word of God is profitable in all areas of my life.

Today, 3:11 - It says that God has set eternity in the hearts of men. Wow!! Just last night, we met for our first meeting with Cynergy Church. And, a major point of our time together was to point out that we will expend a lot of resources in order to see people come to know Christ.

This is an encouraging passage, because it tells me that God has already set a recognition of eternity in the hearts of each human being (the word "man" meaning mankind or human). So, our job with spreading the gospel is that much easier, we're just like traffic cops. We are just waving our hands, pointing people in the right direction, towards Jesus. And, when they see Jesus for who He really is and put that together with the eternity that has already been set in their heart - they'll give their lives to Him and His kingdom and His name will be praised!

I'm excited about Chapter 5, it's gonna be sweet. But, I didn't want to read too much, I want to make sure I digest everything instead of just rolling through it.

I'm done.

No comments: